If you went/go on pinterest like me before college and repinned many worthless pins about what you need to bring about college, DON’T. That stuff is a load of bogus. If you think you can fit all that shit in your dorm room while you have to share the room with another person, you’re wrong. I’m a girl. I like my clothes. I thought I could bring every garment I ever owned and fit it in my 4 ft. wide closet and 4 drawer dresser… Boy was I wrong. I have bins piled on top of everything.
1. Bring your favorite garments and THAT’S IT. That shirt you’ve only worn like once, give it away or don’t bring it. Going to college is a way to clean out your wardrobe… and not buy anything else until you get there. Sorry shopaholics.
2. Bring bins to put under your bed.
3. Bed risers.
4. A little cabinet/plastic drawer thing you can put miscellaneous things in.
5. Laundry holder… you don’t need a laundry bag or bin.
6. Silverware and stuff to eat on… get cheap little plastic plates from Five Below or the Dollar Store.
7. New hangers.
8. Those cube fabric organizers.
10. Cork board or white board marker board
11. Over the door shoe hanger/ under the bed shoe organizer
12. School supplies… duhhhh (BINDERS)
Along with that, bring a hole puncher, stapler, tape, etc.
14. Planner… you forget things EASILY.
15. If you’re an avid coffee drinker, bring a keurig.
16. Alarm clock… your phone isn’t that loud.
17. Plenty of phone chargers.
19. Paper towel & zip loc bags.
20. HEALTHY snacks. Cereal is not healthy… although I have come to live off of it.
21. Breakfast food? If you’re not on the meal plan for breakfast. YOU NEED TO EAT BREAKFAST.
22. Sticky notes
23. Occasional crafts
24. Laptop… duhhh
25. Stuff to hang things… command hooks up to the wazooooo.
26. Drawer organizer.
AKA places to put undies, bras, socks. I got little plastic containers to put my night-time-ritual things in so I can bring the plastic container into the bathroom with me.
27. Shower caddy
28. Laundry things/ a tote for them
29. Makeup/hair stuff organizer
Don’t just go to Bed Bath and Beyond for these things… go to the dollar store, Meijer, etc.
This is a really good link for stuff to bring to college! Check it out!!!! I’m sure I forgot things: http://blairblogs.com/2013/07/what-every-college-freshman-really-needs-to-pack/